The Committee on the Status of Asian Pacific Americans in the Profession develops and promotes activities concerning the professional development of Asian Pacific Americans within the political science discipline.
Term expiring September 18, 2022
- Kim Geron, California State University, East Bay, Chair
- Hannah June Kim, Stanford University
Term expiring September 3, 2023
- Charles Lee, Arizona State University
- Maneesh Arora, Wellesley College
Term expiring September 8, 2024
- Loan Le, Institute for Good Government and Inclusion
- Stacey Liou, University of Florida
Previous Roundtables or Panels at APSA Annual Meeting:
- 2021 Roundtable: Anti-Racism Movements and Coalition Building: Challenges and Opportunities
- 2021 Roundtable: Asian and Pacific Islanders in the Profession: Opportunities and Challenges for Job Seekers in a Time of Multiple Crises
- 2020 Roundtable: Asian and Pacific Islanders in the Profession: Opportunities and challenges for current or future job-seeking graduate students, post-docs, and new tenure track faculty
- 2019 Panel: Asian American Politics: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- 2018 Roundtable: Finding Success in the Academy
- 2018 Panel: Asian American Identity Formation and Politics: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- 2017 Panel: The 2016 National Asian American Survey and the State of AAPI Politics
- 2016 Panel: In Memory of Don Nakanishi: Asian American Voting and Empowerment
- 2015 Roundtable: Diversity and Asian American Community Involvement: Past, Present, and Future
- 2014 Panel: Asian American Civic Engagement in 2014 and Beyond
- 2013 Review of introductory American Government/Politics textbook (completed and will be posted during the fall of 2014)
- 2012 Roundtable: Asian Americans in U.S. Electoral Politics/The Pew Report
- 2011 Roundtable: Asian American Identity and Politics
- 2009 Panel 1 Roundtable on the 2008 National Asian Pacific American in the Profession
- Okiyoshi Takeda (2016) A Model Minority? The Misrepresentatoin and Underrepresentation of Asian Pacific Americans in Introductory American Government Textbooks. Journal of Political Science Education, 12: 4, 387-402, DOI:10.1080/15512169.2016.1142449.
- Okiyoshi Takeda (2015) A Forgotten Minority? A Content Analysis of Asian Pacific Americans in Introductory American Government Textbooks, by Okiyoshi Takeda, Aoyama Gakuin University. PS: Political Science and Politics, July 2015.
- "Symposium: Asian American Americans and the New Minority Politics" PS: Political Science and Politics, September 2001.
- “Small Spaces for Different Faces: Political Science Scholarship on Asian Pacific Americans” by Andrew L. Aoki, Okiyoshi Takeda, PS: Political Science and Politics, September 2004.
Related Programs and Activities: